Fundraising in your workplace is a great way to build community with your colleagues to support a good cause. We have some great ideas below to get you started:
- BE ACTIVE – Marathon. If you are someone who wants to challenge yourself and test your fitness skills, training for a marathon is for you. There are plenty of races to choose from for different skills levels and many locations, including virtual events. When you sign up for a race, we will send you a pack with a running shirt and water bottle, as well as keeping in touch with you to offer support. We’ll be with you every step of the way!
- BE BRAVE – Activities for Thrill Seekers. Ever fancied doing a skydive, abseil or bungee jump? These activities are not for the faint of heart, but they are incredibly rewarding. Good luck!
- BE CALM – Yoga. Being calm not only does you good – it can do good for charity. Yoga is popular activity for improving fitness levels and reducing stress. Whether you are an expert yogi or someone who can’t touch their toes, hosting a yoga themed event is a great way to fundraise. You can try a family yoga day, yoga workshops, yoga in the park or anything else you can think of.
- BE HAPPY- Kiltwalk. The Kiltwalk is a mass walking event that happens every year across Scotland to raise funds for charities and projects. We are seeking Kiltwalkers who are willing to stride, walk, or even toddle, this year to support our work.
- BE FRIENDLY – Social Media Fundraiser. Get your friends involved in your fundraising by setting up a social media fundraiser.
- BE KIND – Hold a coffee morning. Spread the kindness by hosting a coffee morning with your friends, neighbours or in the office.
- BE HELPFUL – Any help you can give us is much appreciated and we welcome your great ideas too!
Give As You Earn
This is a simple but effective way of donating to us. Your donation is made through your employer’s payroll. It is tax-free and the government adds on an additional 10%. Contact your employer if you would like to do this.
Charity of the Year
Are you looking to choose a Charity of the Year? Then we would love to be chosen by you!
Your organisation could have a huge impact on our work to help children and young people with health conditions, particularly those with long-term health conditions. We would love to be chosen by you as your Charity of the Year and to work with you to create fun and innovative ways to get the whole of your organisation, customers, clients and stakeholders involved in fundraising for us.
More companies are choosing to commit to supporting charities long-term, rather than ad hoc, as they see the see the benefits of embedding the partnership within the culture of the company. Staff and customers develop a passion for the charity as they see the life changing difference their fundraising efforts make over the long-term. Also, linking your product or service with us will help your customers, particularly those with children, to become more engaged with your brand and we will work with you to deliver results.
Choosing us as your Charity of the Year will also help to increase your business profile, by making sure you reach your Corporate Social Responsibility objectives. We’re also here to shout about your wonderful achievements in the press and through our social media channels. You can support us throughout the year with charity collection boxes, getting creative with fundraising activities and spreading the word about what we do. Just be our biggest fan all year round! So, whether you are a business, school, association, club, or pub we would love you to support us. To find out more please call Esther on 07483 230577 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org