Do you think you have the skills, drive and determination to make a difference to Children’s Health Scotland? If so we want to hear from you.
We are seeking volunteers to set up supporter groups around Scotland that will help fund our work to support children and young people with health conditions. We are a values driven charity and the five core values which we embody in all our work include being visionary, friendly, fearless, informed and skilled. All off our services are underpinned by the EACH charter, which is an official guidance for protecting the rights and well-being of children and young people in healthcare.
The aim of these roles is to work within a Children’s Health Scotland regional fundraising committee to plan, promote and coordinate the running of charity fundraisers to raise funds for Children’s Health Scotland. You will work within your committee to research, plan and deliver a number of fundraising activities and events, these could include: charity runs, bake sales, fayres etc.
Prior to Event:
- Help to identify & obtain event space
- Event promotion (distribute leaflets, flyers etc)
- Obtain prizes and/or stall holders where applicable
On the Day:
- Sell entry tickets, raffles tickets etc.
- Make hot beverages & collect associated monies for these
- Assist with set-up/tidy up of event
- Lead a stall (where applicable)
- Be a go-to person to assist with any guest queries, help stallholders etc.
- Conduct community collections in shopping centres, sporting events or charity bag packs
If you are interested we would love to hear from you, please send us a short CV and a brief description of why you feel you would be ideal for this position. We would expect you to be able to commit to 2-3 hours per fortnight for a period of 12 months. For more details or to speak to one of our friendly team please email firstname.lastname@example.org