SMS:CONNECT is a new online Self-Management Service for children and young people living with long-term health conditions.
What is SMS:CONNECT?
Self-Management means improving the relationship you have with your health and wellbeing and building your confidence and self-esteem. By taking part in SMS:CONNECT you will be taking steps towards increasing your confidence and self-esteem, accessing information, and developing skills that can help you cope better with your health condition. We are offering an online service that you can connect with at home and that will help you to connect with other children and young people with health conditions.
SMS:CONNECT includes two online self-management programmes: one for children aged 10-12, and one for young people aged 13-17. Groups will have between 6 – 10 people and two facilitators work with each group. Programmes run for six weeks on a safe, online platform, and they include fun activities, games and challenges. The service also includes a supported Hub where you can connect with friends you have met on the programme.
Who is it for?
SMS:CONNECT is for all children and young people with long-term health conditions living in Scotland.
Why should I attend?
SMS:CONNECT can help you build:
- Communication skills
- Friendships and connections with other children and young people
- Coping and relaxation skills
- Access to online resources
- Opportunities for volunteering and peer mentoring
- Access to social activities
Where & When?
Online SMS:CONNECT Programmes run for six weeks. There will be a weekly schedule of activities and support and we will ask you what days and times work best for you.
SMS:CONNECT will be accessed on a safe, online platform. We will give you your own username and password. If you need to borrow a device from us to go online, we can discuss this with you.
The SMS:CONNECT Programme has been developed with the help of children and young people with long-term health conditions.
The Programmes are fun, informal and friendly, and will offer:
- A weekly group session with games, activities and a focus on health and wellbeing.
- Opportunities for you to talk with other children and young people online.
- Challenges to work on at home
- Lots of information and resources
- A member of the
- SMS:CONNECT team to support you through the Programme
We would love to hear from you if you are interested in joining an SMS:CONNECT Programme or you would like more information.
To find out more please contact the SMS team:
- By email: email@example.com
- By phone: Laura Smith 07483 973 320
Or complete our online form or download a referral form here:
We look forward to hearing from you.