We provide expertise and information to children, young people, families, carers, educators, and health professionals and we’re a national voice on health-related issues for children and young people in care. Our charity is also a champion for health-related play in hospital, in the community or at home. More than just a chance to have fun, play is serious business when it comes to a child’s health and health-related play can help children physically, mentally, and emotionally.
It can be a worrying time when you are caring for a child or young person and it is not always easy to find the information you need. We can help by:
- Providing expertise and information to help carers and the children and young people they support – specifically in relation to health rights, coping with an illness or long-term health condition, or helping with decisions about treatment and care.
- Listening to you; providing support and information when you need it the most.
- Signposting and helping you find the right services for you.
- Providing information on consent, confidentiality, understanding trauma, and supporting the impact of loss and change.
- Providing support and information about health-related play and its benefit for the children and young people in your care. This includes play and calming techniques to help children and young people and their carers to cope with dental treatment, medical treatment, hospital treatment, and mental health and emotional wellbeing.
FIND OUT MORE
To find out more or talk to us please contact:
Anne Wilson, Head of CECYPS
Call 07485 462435 or email: email@example.com