Welcome to Day 3 of Bear’s Advent Calendar! Are you ready to #ShareWithBear?
For Day 3, Bear wanted to celebrate our vital Care Experienced Children and Young People Services. We recognise the differences between Foster and Kinship Carers and offer health and wellbeing services to both groups. We deliver a number of different 4-hour workshops, free of charge, based around school time, both online and in person! We can also offer shorter bitesize sessions that can fit around your support group meeting time and place, as well as direct 1:1 support.
I really appreciate sharing ideas with other people. You come into the Workshop, and you are listened to, believed, and supported by others in the same position
Our workshop topics include:
- Managing the Healthcare Needs and Rights of Care Experienced Children and Young People
- Mental health and emotional wellbeing for children in care
- Consent and Confidentiality (in healthcare settings)
- Play Techniques to help children cope with Dental, Medical and Hospital treatment…
- Getting it right for Care-Experienced Disabled Children
- The Impact of Loss and Change
- Adolescence Matters
- Understanding Trauma and Supporting Recovery
- Calming Techniques for Carers
This Workshop has given me coping mechanisms to research and practise. It made me think about the impact of loss as an adult and how much more difficult this must be for a child.
Please get in touch if you would like any support, guidance, or information by email or phone. Contact Children’s Health Scotland on:
- 0131 553 655
Let’s hear what Bear has to say about working with the Care Experienced Service in 2022: “I got to meet lots of you and share important information at different events and conferences! I attended lots of informative workshops and learn more about looking after the health and wellbeing of care experienced children and young people. Did you know that we run our workshops both in person and online? I can’t wait to meet more of you through workshops and events in 2023!”