The Young Parents Speak Out DVD was made with young parents in Tayside. It gives information to young parents on how to access healthcare for their children and shows them talking about their experiences both positive and negative. Some had attended ante-natal classes and encourage others to do the same, some did not attend and say why. They talk about breastfeeding, pregnancy and how they got on with healthcare professionals.
This DVD is an excellent training resource for those working with young parents. It is also available with subtitles.
Workshop facilitator’s notes for showing the DVD to groups are also available.
- DVD Facilitators Notes – Introduction to Workshop Pack (135 kB)
- DVD Facilitators Notes – Session 1: Introduction to EACH (147 kB)
- DVD Facilitators Notes – Session 2: target audience: healthcare professionals/voluntary sector workers/education providers (150 kB)
- DVD Facilitators Notes – Session 3: target audience: young parents/young people (147 kB)
- DVD transcript (178 kB)
- Additional Information Sources (77 kB)
Back to resources